by Adrian Amos, Marketing Coordinator
You’ve heard “you never get a second chance to make a first impression.” It’s true with your advertisements as well. Your ads often are the first impression viewers have of you. In a split-second they will either be intrigued or move on. Your ad’s design – maybe more than its message – determines the outcome.
Here are five easy tips for great ad design from the professionals:
- Larger photos result in greater sales. Including fewer listings with larger photos of each will get more attention from homebuyers.
- Text must be legible and large enough to read. Choose fonts wisely and keep the size at 9 or above.
- Ads need “breathing room,” so avoid the temptation to fill the entire page with information. “White space” greatly increases the eye-stopping power which makes your ad more appealing to consumers.
- Readers scan pages from the top right to the top left first. If they don’t see something compelling they’ll skip the page. Make your design elements on the outside corners strong.
- Ads that try to be all things to all people usually fail to reach anyone. Don’t cram everything into your advertising.
Great design can accomplish amazing things. Here’s proof of drastic changes in readership by changing the design alone.